Articles and chapters
van Weezel, S. (2019) “On climate and conflict: Precipitation decline and communal conflict in Ethiopia and Kenya”. Journal of Peace Research. Appendix; Replication data
Spagat, M. & van Weezel S. (2019) “On the decline of war”, in Lewis F Richardson - His Intellectual Legacy and Influence in the Social Sciences, ed. Nils Petter Gleditsch, Springer Pioneer Series. Replication data
Spagat, M., Johnson, N. & van Weezel, S. (2018). “Fundamental patterns and predictions of event size distributions in modern wars and terrorist campaigns”. PLOS One 13 (10): e0204639. Replication data
- Spagat, M. & van Weezel, S. (2017). “Half a million excess deaths in the Iraq war: Terms and conditions may apply”. Research and Politics 4(4). Appendix. Replication data
- Follow up: Spagat, M. & van Weezel, S. (2018). “Terms and conditions still apply: A rejoinder to Hagopian et al.”. Research and Politics 5(1).
van Weezel, S. (2016). “Food imports, international prices, and violence in Africa”. Oxford Economic Papers 68(3): 758-781. Appendix. Replication data.
- van Weezel, S. (2015). “Economic shocks and civil conflict onset in Sub-Saharan Africa, 1981-2010”. Defence and Peace Economics 26(2): 153-177. Replication data
- “Food security and armed conflict: A cross-country analysis”
- Served as input for FAO report on conflict and food security.
- “Drought severity and communal conflict in Nigeria”
- “Mostly Harmless? A subnational analysis of the aid-conflict nexus”
- Updated version of “A spatial analysis of the effect of foreign aid in conflict areas”